Thursday 3 May 2007

whats missing for men??




what things might men ask for from the mens movement?

so far i havent seen too much thinking on men's part about where they want to be in 10 years time.

what is it, that has made them begin to form movements to change things?

what is it that they feel is missing from their lives?

well, i can only speculate but its what i like doing so here we go with a few ideas that i dreampt up last night...

i think men are missing out on parenting. i've got two young children of my own, and i work part-time. I have lots of time on my own with them, my partner also works part-time so we spend alot of our days together, with our children. Young children can turn a macho men into a loving caring father in no time at all.

maybe when a father looks at his child smile, when he realises that he has taught that child how to say daddy, that he has taught her that jumping up and down is fun! maybe he will also realise that people, that women, love him.

i think the modern man is far too detached from this. I dont know the answer, i suppose somebody has to work full time at some point? i dont know. But definately men need more time with children. You know what, im sick of going to the park and seeing only women. Men are great with kids, and not just them, but kids are missing out too.

so, longer paternity leave?? 2 years at least!! why not 3.

i think men are not allowed to show their sexuality in public. Much as i love a man in a suit, most male clothes, are practical, and not revealing. They represent security and not sexuality. I dont know how, but male fashion needs to exploit the male body more. I dont think any woman would have a problem with that!! again how and why, i dont know.. im not a fashion designer.

so, better male clothes

obviously, there are laws and things like that that are totally repressive of men. I dont know the ins and outs of those, and im sure lots of other guys know more than me about it. but i have to say that young women these days, are too aware of their privilidges over men in the eyes of the law. Its the same as the kids in the schools.

i've taugh in secondary schools, and the kids know far too much.. 'dont touch me', 'your not allowed to do this', etc. I think its destroying education and i would apply it further to the outside world too.

my sister goes to see the doctor because she's pregnant. She refuses to show her breasts to the doctor, and yet, when she goes to spain and is sunbathing she's got no problem showing them off to every tom, dick and harry. What kind of mess is that? its apalling the amount of respect young women have for good, decent male AND even female professionals these days.

it gets worse.. i had rosacea once, a mild skin problem that normally appears on the breasts.. i go to the doctor and as im about to take my top of to show him, he refuses! as their is no female nurse there, he wont look at them. He's scared of looking at me incase i cry abuse, rape or whatever shit feminism has invented to punish the poor guy.

so, without even looking at me, he prescribes me something for the problem.. who wins there? not me, because he's not treating me properly. not him, because he's in that awkward position that men (and teachers) find themselves in all the time these days.

Men have to stand up and say this. They have to point out the ridiculous contradictions with which the modern woman lives.

i want to know where men want to be. i want to know whats missing to make them so angry at ordinary women.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

text from your blog:
i want to know whats missing to make them so angry at ordinary women.
----------------------------------
MRA are not angry at 'ordinary' women, this shows me, that you misunderstand the MRA movement.

May I ask you, to explain about who is an 'ordinary' woman and where you can find one?

I never found such an 'ordinary' Western woman, not even one, and 30 years ago, I married an Asian woman instead.

What is missing? I think, Western women have to re-consider their position in our society.

You cannot only give as little as possible and take as much as you can, solely out because you are a woman.

lucia vega said...

you know, western men arent exactly gods gift to women either. I dont think for men as a group, running away is the answer. Individually, it might work - obviously it did for you yohan.

Men need a movement that will free them from their rigid masculine role, so they wont be so jealous of women anymore.

Anonymous said...

As there was no reply to my question in my former comment, I like to ask again:

Can you explain about who is an 'ordinary' woman and where you can find one (in the Western world)?

Might be, that Western men are not always that, what you expect as a woman - however as a woman, you do not have any financial risk and still there are a good number of men you can choose from. One is not fitting you, take the next...

As a man however, you will pay dearly, if you choose the wrong woman.

Again, I like to know from you, who is an 'ordinary woman' and what can a man expect from her?

lucia vega said...

i dont know, i suppose i mean myself, or my friends.

we spend most of our time looking after children. i suppose i mean married women with young children when i say ordinary. they are ordinary to me. maybe not to everyone else, i dont know

i dont know what can you expect from an ordinary woman? someone to watch a film with at the end of the day when you're both tired, someone to be there when things go badly and to be there when they go well. what do you expect from a relationship yohan?